Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I finally got a scrub top made after several attempts. I didn't like the first one at all using a store bought pattern, it was too big and it hung funny on me, so I scrapped that one, the second one was my attempt at making my own pattern, and it didn't get much past the cutting out part before I decided that it just wouldn't work. The third one I used MPD (my pattern designer), which is a program where you can design your own clothes using your unique measurements, all was going well until I tried to attach piping on it and it kept bunching up and I just got frustrated with it, so along came attempt number four. Using MPD, I chose an empire waist blouse with elegent darts on the sides, if i had to do it over again, I would have added waist darts as well, but all and all I am happy with this one. I am going to wear it to work tomorrow and hopefully I will now be motivated to make more.