Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sewing Machine Cover

Well I actually got something done today, I sewed up my sewing machine cover. I used the embroidery that I digitized earlier in the week. I just used a bunch of my scrap fabric to make it.
I figured out approximately how big a piece of fabric I would need to make it and I made a little scrappy quilt, then washed it and dried it and then cut out my pieces.
I got to use a few of my new toys that I recently bought at the Sew Expo, the Curvemaster foot and my Simplicity bias binding machine. I love the Curvemaster, sewing the curve on this was a piece of cake and I used the bias maker for finishing off the bottom.
Next I need to make one for my serger and my embroidery machine.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Brilliant. My sewing machine is so jealous!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Rocknquilts said...

I absolutely LOVE this! I'm beginning to learn embroidery with my Ellageo. I'm stuck in the stone ages, though, with floppy disks! I'm now a follower, as I look forward to viewing your craft room makeover and to looking more at your machine embroidery projects. Looks very inspirational! Thanks!
Good luck in tonight's drawing at
http://www.rocknquilts.blogspot.com