Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Break it to me gently

I added a link to my "My favorite links" tab called "Break it to me gently". When I was down in Alabama last month I found an old cassette tape that I had recorded for my Mom of me singing back in the early 90's. I had this cheap little Karaoke machine and I sat down one day and sang my own mix of songs that my Mom liked and taped it, then sent it to her. The next time I came to Alabama to visit every time we would go anywhere people would say, "Oh, I loved your tape!", it turned out my Mom had played it for anyone who would listen, it was pretty embarrassing. Anyway, I asked my brother Bob if he could record it onto the computer as MP3's, and he did and then he posted this link of one of the songs. You can tell it is an old tape, but I think he did a good job with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I am always so blown away by your strong, wonderful voice...No surprise your Mom played it for all her friends...She was proud! I wish you and Bob E would try singing together! I'll bet you'd have fun! <3 U!!

Bob said...

The other songs were all at my web site already, too, maybe I didn't mention that (oops).
But they had the spaces and apostrophes so were difficult to write a link to and I've renamed them now (capital letters still). Complete list is:
OverTheRainbow.mp3
BreakItToMeGently.mp3
MamaHesCrazy.mp3
WalkinAfterMidnight.mp3
Crazy.mp3
SweetGeorgiaBrown.mp3
IFallToPieces.mp3
HesGotYou.mp3
DontItMakeMyBrownEyesBlue.mp3
SweetDreams.mp3
each at http://0mniverse.com/music/karaoke/
A zero not letter O in that.