Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ok, this isn't happening fast enough for me!

Well, the fridge is in and working, I got it all plumbed earlier in the week in fact I put all of the shut off valves on under the sink, that was not fun, I hate plumbing, Craig and I spent all day fiddling with them trying to get them not to leak, but I decided I like the crawlspace under the house better than the attic, it's a lot roomier. We ended up having like 1/16" to spare on either side of the fridge. So far the fridge just has milk and pop in it, I am going to transfer all of the rest of the food from the old fridge to it today.
The microwave was a bit tricky, the instructions weren't really clear, Craig spent a long time trying to figure out where to drill the holes for it. I ran to Lowe's and bought some duct work while he was working on the hole drilling, but we finally got it in and it actually works. I still have to get back up in the attic to finish the duct work and hopefully I bought the right stuff for it. He will be putting in some filler strips next to the microwave to give it that more built in look. This microwave is also a convection oven and it is our exaust for the stove top and it has lights under it as well, I really like it.
As you can see the rest of the kitchen is a mess, I have the dishwasher just sitting in its spot, but it isn't yet plumbed or wired in, that's today's project as well. Craig will have to put on all of the door fronts to make sure they fit well and do any adjusting that they will need then he will take them all off and bring them back to work for finishing, he also will be putting on the end panels today hopefully. It is such a slow process, but I keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: