Sunday, March 16, 2008

Today's remodeling progress

Well, I got a wild hair to put in a pocket door to replace my ugly bi-fold doors on my craft room. Craig was busy tearing out the kitchen and dining room floor, and I was just about to start painting again when I got this idea. I never liked my bi-fold doors and I thought, what the heck, the house is already a wreck so why not. So I headed off to Lowe's and bought my pocket door and went to work tearing out drywall. I had to carefully cut out the studs as not to disturb the drywall on the other side and then I put in a header across the top.

Craig was still working on the floor, and as you can see by the picture, it was quite a project.


Here it is somewhat installed. We have it temporarily in place until we can get it sanded and stained to match the other doors. Once that is done I will put the drywall up and start painting where I left off.


Here it is in the pocket, pretty cool huh? Of course once the drywall is back up you won't be able to see it anymore.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: